THABANG CHILDREN'S PROJECT
Thabazimbi Limpopo, South Africa
In 2005 the Juvenile Centre (later: Youth Centre) was opened outside Thabazimbi at Klipgat. The Youth Centre caters for boys from dysfunctional domestic situations.
Subsequently the THABANG Children’s Place of Safety for girls was put into function on the farm Roodedam.
In 2007 the provincial government of Limpopo officially registered THABANG’s two Places of Safety as “Child and Youth Care Centres” according to section 200 of the Children’s Act 38 of 2005. The registration has been renewed in 2017 until 2022.
The physical address is: Klipgat Farm, 348 KQ: Thabazimbi, South Africa.
Thabang is an organisation that empowers children, families and communities to restore their dignity and independence.
- To provide centres for the reception, care and development for orphans, vulnerable children and youth
- To empower family structures through therapeutic services, advocacy to families and communities, through partnership with other stakeholders
- We value equality of all human beings
- We encourage participation of our beneficiaries and staff
- We value transparency, honesty, integrity and accountability
- We prioritize our vision and mission
- We value mutual respect of people and properties
- We value commitment to serving the needs of our beneficiaries
Make a difference
If you wish to volunteer your time, get in touch with us via email or via our contact form.
Phone & Email
+27 14 004 0334 – during office hours
or +27 83 296 6940
Mon-Fri: 08:00 to 16:00 hours
Child & Youth Centre:
24 hours / 7 days per week